Kristina is spends most of her time on this earth hanging out with her dog (see right) and freaking out about existence. Currently, she is Digiday’s Marketing Editor covering media buying and planning trends as well as agency culture. Previously, she was Adweek’s Brands Editor as well as the managing editor of the quarterly publication Brandweek. After a decade in New York, she moved back to Rhode Island, where she’s from, in 2018. She is currently based there.
Prior to moving, she produced the Adweek podcast Yeah, That’s Probably an Ad, which won the Folio: Digital Award for Best Podcast in 2018.
You can also find her work in publications like ELLE, Rolling Stone, New York Magazine’s Vulture, Gothamist, and The Awl, among others. Before joining Adweek, she wrote about pension plans and hedge funds at Euromoney Institutional Investor.
She has moderated panels for South by Southwest, The One Club, the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity, Advertising Week and Digiday events. She has also appeared on television shows like NBC Nightly News, MSNBC Live with Kate Snow, Today Show and Entertainment Tonight.
In her spare time, she has also written and directed short films that have appeared in festivals like the Big Apple Film Festival, New York No Limits, New Filmmakers New York, and Zero Film Festival. Her latest short, Special Election, was selected by the St. Louis International Film Festival and the Big Apple Film Festival.
Profiles & Cover Stories
Featured Writing (Digiday)
- ‘Travel is the prominent part of your life’: Road warriors adjust to being grounded
- ‘You have no excuse why you can’t work’: Agency employees grapple with burnout
- Freelance freedom: Why working for yourself is becoming the new normal
- Foot taps and air kisses: With coronavirus threat, life inside ad agencies is changing
- ‘The buzz from Bloomberg has other people looking’: Why 2020 is going to be the influencer election
- ‘Sense of urgency’: Ad agencies are now offering more mental health and wellness benefits to employees
- Inside agencies, men and women still struggle to deal with the fall out of #MeToo
- The 2020 election ignites a new debate: Does political advertising belong on platforms?
- ‘You miss out on opportunities’: The hazards of being pregnant in advertising
- ‘Digital is the testbed’: Why the 2020 election is focused on online advertising
- ‘Not easy to get a job past 40’: How ageism at agencies affects older employees
- ‘It shifts the power dynamic’: Faced with harassment, women are leaving agencies to go freelance
Featured Writing (Adweek)
- How Marc Maron Built a Brand That Helped Him Land the President
- Meet the Man Reinventing Late Night: Chris Gethard is a Public Access Star Who’d Rather Fail Than Bore You
- Inside A Ghost Store, A24’s Strange, Moving, Immersive Promotion for A Ghost Story
- 5 Ways Historically Male-Focused Brand Are Now Reaching Out To Women
- How Budweiser Ditched Its Old Look and Crafted a New Visual Identity
- Here’s Why the Spectacle of Holiday Windows is Still Crucial for Brands
- How One Agency’s Insight Into Millennials Helped It Win The White House As a Client
Featured Writing (Freelance)
- ‘Dear Ivanka’ Rally Unites Artists Against Trump (Rolling Stone)
- Blue Jay and the Power of Ambivalence in Abortion Stories (New York Magazine’s Vulture)
- Why Do So Many Romcoms Use Songs By The Cure? (The Awl)
- Jeff Bezos Wants to Sneak Inside Your Brain (Dame)
- Selected Writing (Gothamist)
- Issa Rae on HBO, the Struggle to Create Awkward Black Girl and the Current Political Climate (Adweek)
- The Duplass Brothers Explain Why They’re Jumping into the Ad World (Adweek)
- Melanie Lynskey on Playing Gender-Neutral Characters, Having her Sundance Hit Go Straight to Netflix, and Her Own Experience of Being Robbed (New York Magazine’s Vulture)
- Comedian Tig Notaro Would Rather Start Her Morning With Cute Animal Videos Than Emails (Adweek)
- Jenny Slate’s Bedtime Routine Includes a Little Weed (Adweek)
- After His Super Bowl Debut, Lil Wayne Wants to Be an Advertising Star in 2016 (Adweek)
- ‘Wild’ Author Cheryl Strayed Confesses to Her Social Media Addiction (Adweek)
- Folio: Digital Award’s Best Podcast 2018
- Produced over 65 episodes